TEXT HERE

Valentine’s Day Box and a Copic Journal

Hi there friends! I have tons to share with you for the iCopic Lovers Tuesday Tips and Tricks! First off, I have a Heart Box I created for our Heart Challenge. After hunting all over the internet for a tutorial, I finally settled on this one. I fiddled with it a bit, die cut the heart shapes on my Cricut and came up with this. I colored Tilda with Flowers and added her to the top of the box, along with bunches of embellishments to really make the box Valentine-y! ;)
Copics Used:
Roo, Rooo, R17, R20, R22, R24, R39, R46, R81, R83, R85
RV00, RV10
E000, E00, E13, E25, E31, E34, E50
G20, G21, G24,
YG95
I 'm also excited to share with you my Copic Journal. Recently, I came across Brenda's gorgeous journal, which led me to the download for the journal here. I knew I had to make one too!
Since it is important to use the paper that you typically stamp on for your journal, I simply printed the pages out on my Cryogen card stock. I divided the pages into quarters and trimmed them to 5 1/2 by 4. They fit wonderfully into a Photo Book  for 4 by 6 inch photographs, that I found at Joann's.
The first set of pages is where I colored and inventoried all of my markers.

After that, my next few pages are where I have examples of hair.You can add skin combinations here also.
Next, I stamped Tilda with Lace Jeans repeatedly, cut her out with an oval Nestie, colored her up and  popped her into my journal, where I also noted what combination of Copics I used.


 Next, I've colored and listed my favorite Copic combinations.

On this page, you can see where I have come across a favorite combination on someone's project. I noted the markers that they used. This way, I have a shopping list ready to go. :)
There is also a section for you to list the Copic marker families.

I love having my marker inventory, my favorite coloring combinations and my wish list at my finger tips. Also, the the design of the photo album allows me to set it up on my craft desk while I'm coloring, which makes it a very handy resource.

That's it for me today. Thank you so much for sticking with me through my long winded post and I hope you'll make a Copic Journal for yourself too!
Don’t forget to stop by the iCopic Lovers Blog to join the Heart Challenge this week. Smile
Joining these challenges:
CMC Challenge Group ~ Colors of Love 


Would you like to comment?

  1. Nice job with the marker inventory.. but oh, my! That heart box is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Valentine box is absolutely amazing!!!! I love it!!!!! Great copic journal, too!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, what a gorgeous box, Sheri!!!! I love the patterns of the papers you chose! Beautiful! Your coloring is amazing as always and your detailing and embellies are perfect! Awesome journal too! You're such an inspiration! Now I'm off to enter my card for the challenge! :)
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this box is gorgeous! I love all the flowers and the colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! that box is so stunning and just gorgeous! wow!!! You are just so talented!!! and your copic book is so nice...very neat way to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Absolutely AWESOME!!! Your heart box is BEEEEEutiful! Love all the detail work you've done! Your little Journal is SPECTACULAR! and if you feel like making one for me I won't say no! What a neat idea to put your Tilda's in there so that you can keep track of your favorite hair colors, or even most used clothing color combo's! You're such a talented lady!!!! Big hugs...Barb <><

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is beautiful! Love your Valentine box and the Copic marker journal is a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sheri, I love your box and your marker journal. What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!!! Oh who wouldn't want to get this gorgeous Tilda heart box .... ! I love your copic journal, wow! you could make some cash with that :O) Hugs! Leah Ann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, what a gorgeous box, sooo beautiful.
    Hugs Renate

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. That is beautifull. And your journal is lovely. Maybe I will try it too.

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super sweet heart box with lovely coloring on Tilda. Also, thanks for sharing the awesome idea on the Copic box :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your pretty Valentine box and the copic journal is a wonderful idea, nicely done
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG....Sheri! Your heart box is absolutely delightful and gorgeous!!!! Love it!
    Your journal is BRILLIANT....what a fantastic idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! This is a beautiful gift box Sheri, it's absolutely stunning. and what a great journal you've created. Thank you for sharing it.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  16. And the book is my Christmas present, right? Love both projects, you are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your heart box is beautiful and I LOVE your Copic notebook. How ingenious.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the heartbox Sheri, your choice of papers and flowers is awesome. Also your Copic Journal is beautiful. A great idea.
    xxxsylvia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, your heart box is stunning! And your journal is fabulous!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  20. I saw your post on fb. gorgeous valentine. and I LOVE your journal. what a wonderful idea.
    ~Pam L.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really love the heart box, gorgeous. I also like what you did with the journal for the Copics. I may need to copy that idea if you do not mind.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow just a spectacular box!!!! Love the colors and the details!!!! Wow Fabulous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow what a sweet project you made! Thanks a lot for joining us at stamptacular sunday.
    Hugs, Heleen

    ReplyDelete
  24. That box is absolutely gorgeous.

    The Copic journal came out really well. I really must remember to use the one I made!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at MDUC!

    Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your heart box is so sweet, Sheri! Just love your papers and colors. Tilda is beautifully colored and embellished! Also, love your copic journal. What a great idea - have to try it when I get some time. Thanks for the inspiration and thanks for joining us at the Magnolia-licious Challenge blog. hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card!! Thank you for joining Stamp with Fun this week.
    hugs tina46

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is a fabulous Copic resource! It is a wonderful idea. Thank you so much for sharing this fabulous creation!
    Hugs,
    Marie XX

    ReplyDelete
  29. A gorgeous project and nice idea re the Copic book.
    Thank you for joining Papertake Weekly.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  30. Brilliant idea, make me one :) thank you for joining us at CMC this week

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message