TEXT HERE

Happy Saturday!


P1040178
I received a very exciting email the other day, letting me know that I had been chosen as a Guest Design Team member for the Sugar Creek Hollow Blog!!  SUCH an honor, right? I sure thought it was…but it wasn’t until I said yes, that I was told what the challenge was….Ready? Trash to Treasure. (Insert screeching breaks) Surprised smile So totally not in my comfort zone. As I was in the process of writing back to Cec, to her to tell her that I had just broken, not one…but both of my arms in a  very nasty stamping accident (if you know me, you know telling a lie is not in my forte. Actually, I was born with a guilty conscience. It was not at all unusual when I was a child to wake my Mom up in the middle of the night to tell her the truth. She’d just pat me on the head and say, “that’s nice. Now, go back to bed”.) and would not be able to join them. But…that’s when it came to me what I could do! It didn’t hurt,  of course, that I had just opened a recent purchase from Papertrey Ink…and sitting in front of me, was the tissue they use to wrap the stamps in. Normally, that tissue goes right in the trash, but…no, no, no…. not this time. This time that trash was going to become a flower.
Since, I’ve been on a bit of a tutorial run here lately, I thought I would show you how I made my flower.
Gift wrap tissue paper (pretty, huh?)
P1040169
Cut a strip of tissue and fold over several times.
Cut through several layers at a time with a die of your choice. I used a Blossoms 3 from Spellbinders.
P1040170
Spray with Tattered Angels Mist. The tissue will be fragile at this point, so be careful.
P1040171
I dried mine with a heat gun, but you could certainly set them aside to dry.
P1040172
Take 3 or 4 tissue flowers, stack them and fold in half.
Now fold in half again so that you are left with a stack of blossoms folded in quarters.
Cut or punch a circle and apply adhesive to the circle. I used ATG adhesive.
Apply the stacked and folded blossoms to the circle. Repeat this three more times, until you have the circle completely covered.
P1040181
Repeat those same steps with a second smaller die and circle.
P1040183
Stack and glue the smaller set to the larger one.

P1040184
Tada…a tissue paper flower.
P1040180
I would now like to invite you over to the Sugar Creek Hollow Blog to see the Design Teams fabulous inspiration. Thank you so much to Cec and the rest of girls for asking me to join their team for the day!
Supplies Used:
Papertrey Ink ~ Celebrations Stamp Set
Papertrey Ink ~ Celebrations Frame Die
Papertrey Ink ~Harvest Berries Stamp Set
Papertrey Ink ~ Harvest Berries Die
Spellbinders Blossom 3 Die

Would you like to comment?

  1. This is absolutely GORGEOUS Sheri and wowwww that flower is beautiful!! I just love your style and wished I had a ounce of your talent! Congrats on the guest designer spot you so deserve it! Love ya! Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your story!! So glad you stuck it out and became our guest designer! Your card is beautiful! Love how you dyed the flower. I feel your "pain". When I first heard Sugar Creek Hollow was going to be doing trash to treasure challenges now and then I thought WHAT am I going to able to come up with on a regular basis?!! Now, it's my favorite. I have such a list of things I want to try! Great job.
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blue poppy makes a teriffic card!
    all the best,aureliaeugenia
    Ps.you're most welcome,if you have the time and pleasure to visit my blog and my 11 years young ,daughter's blog(PHOTOS FROM MY LIFE)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Flower turned out fabulous! I love the colors of your card! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheri that is beautiful! Love your flower and thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG....you rocked this! It is perfect....I don't know what you were afraid of! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sheri, so glad you didn't break your arms and could join in with us, this is a challenge and one that you start thinking about while throwing the trash away all the time, lol. Love the tissue flower, I have never made one quartering it that way, thanks for the tutorial. Your card is lovely and that flower sure takes center stage. Love the PTI dies on this. Wonderful job this week as our guest designer, thanks so much!
    Patti SCH/DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Sheri, that is just gorgeous! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Sheri, your flower is gorgeous. I love it. Your card is beautiful. Glad you went ahead with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card with wonderful stamping and a great layout. I love the flower and thank you for the tutorial. We have loved having you as a Guest Designer at Sugar Creek Hollow.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  11. How pretty! and a great coincidence is that i had a ton of tissue paper as packing in a box of stamps i ordered, and finally folded it all up today to keep, perfect! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. All hail the queen of flowers.....I love your awesomeness....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card and what a wonderful tutorial and story !
    Congratulations Sheri on your GD Spot !
    Hugs
    Susan x Mallorca . Spain

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, love it!!!!!!! Your tutorial on the flower was spectacular and very easy to follow! AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Now, I'm off to the blog to see others' creations!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy Garrelts

    ReplyDelete
  15. so thrilled to have you as our Guest Designer! your flower is such a knockout! and thanks for the toot - I will definitely give it a try (-:
    This card is beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is an absolutely great idea! Very clever and a great way to put all that tissue to use. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just wonderful! Saw it over at Sugar Creek Hollow and just had to come check this out. So glad I did. BEAUTIFUL card. :) Thank you for the inspiration.
    Hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I knew you could do this! What a gorgeous card and you make it look easy too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous. And way to think outside the box! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card, thanks for sharing the tutorial to make the flower, great idea too.
    hugs, Frances.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Broken arms from stamping.. hmmm.. I might have to remember that one!! LOL.

    Thanks so much for (giving in and) joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow. Your flower is a lovely touch to a beautiful card and it was a pleasure to see your lovely creation.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Sheri!!! What an awesome tutorial!! Thanks so much for sharing this, and it looks easy enough that even I can follow it! LOL! Absolutely gorgeous card and congrats on your GDT spot! You soooo deserve it!!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message