Monday, January 7, 2013

Magnolia-licious Color Inspiration

P1050573
Hello there everyone!!!
Special Surprise1
The inspiration photo says muted colors to me and yes, it does speak to me Winking smile… so that was the direction I went. I admit to be very challenged this time, as these are not my go to colors, but I have to say, once I got going ….I loved them!  What helped was choosing my papers first. After that, it was actually pretty darn easy, so the moral of the story is, if it’s a bit more of a challenge than you’re used to, just go for it. You might just surprise yourself too.

One of my very favorite images from the Magnolia 2012 The Christmas Story Collection is Joyful Tilda.  As I’ve said before, I love getting the most mileage I can out of my stamps, so when I looked at this cutie from the Christmas Story Collection…I also thought it would make perfect get well card…and those heart shaped cookies..are perfect for a Valentines Day card as well!!
Ok..that’s it for me today, but be sure to visit the rest of the team’s blogs for some fabulous inspiration! Those girls are brilliant!

Oh gosh!! One more thing! Have you heard about the new Magnolia-licious Facebook program?
image
As an example, if you click on Joyful Tilda, you will see a Facebook button below the stamp. Click on it…to start the process! Easy peasy, right?
For more details please visit the Magnolia-licious Store
Thanks so much for dropping by today
Joining these challenges:
Wild Orchid Crafts - Anything Goes 
Inky Chicks - Anything Goes 
Lovely Hanglar - Something New 

28 comments:

  1. Śliczna, a kolory świetne:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. They may not be your go to colors, but my friend you got them! What a perfect combo you made and shed' is just so stinkin cute! Love the softness of this and the papers and butterflies with just that little bit of distressing is perfect! Another beauty! Love her!!!!!

    Hugs,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is full of beautiful things. I love how you colored Tilda and papers are complimentary to her. Those butterflies are adorable and the card is really nice.
    Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Sheri. Your Tilda is goregous and beautiful coloring. Fabulous frame and I love the designer papers. I hope you have a great time at CHA and get to have some fun while you're there working.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Sheri, love this sweet Tilda, loving these earthy tones and of course your superb colouring.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is GORGEOUS! I love everything about it, it's perfect!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutly stunning!

    HUGS SUSY

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful job on this delightful card. I love this color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic job. I love this stamp so much. It will have to be of my next ones I get. You can use her for other things, not just Christmas.
    Tabitha's Designs

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is adorable! Love her heart cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty. I love the soft, muted colours you have used. Thank you for playing at Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card just melted my heart! It is so feminine. The brown doily is a great element! I love how you designed the card and how it is colored! You did a wonderful job on the challenge! I fell in love with the font you used on the Feel Better tag. May I ask what it is? It caught my eye right off the bat! Well done!

    XO,
    Chris Christensen
    Magnolia-licious DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. An outstanding creation, Sheri! I love the pretty colors and your Tilda looks ravishing!
    Stunning design and elements! A fabulous get well card!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty! Who wouldn't want to receive this card to cheer them up????

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it!!!!! The colors are soooooo soothing!!!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so beautiful!! you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hoi Lovely Hanglar or Sweet Magnolia lover
    What A great card you have made Lovely colors and a sweet image! Thanks you for joining us at the Lovely Hanglar or Sweet Magnolia challenge blog hope to see you next time
    hugs Ria
    come and check out my blog and become a follower

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a beautiful card, love all the detail.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is fabulous, I love the image and the detail is wonderful.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sheri,
    Your card is beautiful! You rocked the colour challenge.
    I just love this Tilda!! Fantastic card :o)
    Big hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card! Love it!
    Thanks for sharing..
    Sheri!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Sheri, your card is so adorable! I love all the layers that you have added to it! You always find the cutest ticket with saying on them! Have a fun time at CHA!
    Hugs,
    Suzan
    Magnolia-licious Designer

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good Morning sweetie, this is just fabulous, thank you for joining us at Wild Orchid Craft's this time hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the color scheme a lot and your card is absolutely gorgeous. I just love how you layout your cards that make your image just pop!
    Hugs, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a lovely card! so gorgeous colouring!
    xoxo Annette

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is stunning Sheri, I love the colours and papers, just beautiful
    Hugs julie P

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY COURTNEY LEIGH DESIGNS